Unauthorized Bank Account Withdrwal Through Online Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

menonrr

Hello,

Couple of days ago, I noticed an unauthorized bank withdrawal while checking my transaction history. This was made from my Wachovia checking account in form of an online Bill pay. The transaction seemed to show the name of Wells Fargo CC.

I notified the bank ,which was after 2 days when the unauthorized transaction took place. The online fraud division was also notified. But they seem to be very timid in their responses. They make me feel as if somehow I was responsible. A fraud investigator was not assigned to my case even after couple of hours of notification. Also the lost money has not been re-credited to my account pending investigation.

Kindly advise me what options I have. How should I proceed.

Thank you.
RR

Hello,

Couple of days ago, I noticed an unauthorized bank withdrawal while checking my transaction history. This was made from my Wachovia checking account in form of an online Bill pay. The transaction seemed to show the name of Wells Fargo CC.

I notified the bank ,which was after 2 days when the unauthorized transaction took place. The online fraud division was also notified. But they seem to be very timid in their responses. They make me feel as if somehow I was responsible. A fraud investigator was not assigned to my case even after couple of hours of notification. Also the lost money has not been re-credited to my account pending investigation.

Kindly advise me what options I have. How should I proceed.

Thank you.
RR

I might suggest that you call your bank and ask to speak with the investigator. You might also want to ask them for a provisional credit while the investigation is completed. If you have handled your account in a satisfactory manner until now, that really shouldn't be a problem. If you have issues with overdrawing your account, then you might just have to wait.

Re: Unauthorized Bank Account Withdrwal Through Online Transaction Reply to Thread

My best advise for you is to continue visiting the bank maybe you might meet favor with God one.
Yours Regards:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back