Naturalization, Citizenship Can my citizenship be revoked by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capochi03

I am a naturalised citizen applying for my spouse's permanent residence.

I am filling out my bibliographic info sheet, stating my previous addressses.
When comparing addresses, with previous forms, my spouse realizes I made a mistake in my previously submited N-400 for naturalization, when stating my previous addresses.

I said I was living in place A for 3 years until September, when I actually moved out earlier in April that year, and stayed with a friend for 6 months.

So the question is... which of the following options is the best and why?

1- I enter the same address as used in N-400.
2- I enter the right address, different to N-400 and ignore my previous mistake/inaccuracy.
3- I enter the actual and explain in a letter that I made a mistake in the N-400.

If I choose option 3, which feels like the right thing to do, I fear/wonder if they can legally revoke my citizenship based on wrong address in the N-400.

Where can I verify this?
Thanks for any serious/informed advise!

Enter the correct information on the new form. An honest mistake on the old form can be explained, but knowingly submitting false information on the new form would be a no-no :(

Mightymoose, Would you include a letter, or simply insert the right info?

Mightymoose,
Would you include a letter explaining that in a previous form there was a mistake, or would you simply insert the right info in the new form, and only explain the difference if questions are made?

Enter the correct information. They are not going to revoke a citizenship for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back