Illegal use of media and internet for brainwashing and harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen2

Hello.

I am not sure if my information is displayed in the right forum but I need some legal advice.

I've been living in this particular area in CA for the past few months ( I don't want to list the area for security purposes) and I've been experiencing different forms of harrassment. I've received emails online about fake job offers and emails that I feel are undermining my character with title lines such as "Are you overeducated?" "Giving up on looking for a job?" and other related areas. I recently finished school and have been unemployed for a while now. I have been actively searching for jobs and have not received any phone calls or good repsonses. I've been watching television alot more lately and am noticing that the commercials, advertisements and some television programs have depicted my life-style and are sending demeaning and derogatory messages. I feel that some people in the neighborhood and surrounding areas are watching me and that there might be an organized group controlling the local cable networks and media. I have never experienced this before and it has bothered me quite a bit for some time now. In addition to the online and television harrassment schemes, I've also had a number of people harrass me in person in public places. I've also had harrassing 1-800 phone calls and other numbers. I've had to call the police and report the harrassment. I've tried to ignore it for quite some time now, but it is bothersome and I need peace of mind. I have been really stressed and not been able to relax much. What can a person do about this situation? Is there any way to stop it from re-occuring often?

Hello.

I am not sure if my information is displayed in the right forum but I need some legal advice.

I've been living in this particular area in CA for the past few months ( I don't want to list the area for security purposes) and I've been experiencing different forms of harrassment. I've received emails online about fake job offers and emails that I feel are undermining my character with title lines such as "Are you overeducated?" "Giving up on looking for a job?" and other related areas. I recently finished school and have been unemployed for a while now. I have been actively searching for jobs and have not received any phone calls or good repsonses. I've been watching television alot more lately and am noticing that the commercials, advertisements and some television programs have depicted my life-style and are sending demeaning and derogatory messages. I feel that some people in the neighborhood and surrounding areas are watching me and that there might be an organized group controlling the local cable networks and media. I have never experienced this before and it has bothered me quite a bit for some time now. In addition to the online and television harrassment schemes, I've also had a number of people harrass me in person in public places. I've also had harrassing 1-800 phone calls and other numbers. I've had to call the police and report the harrassment. I've tried to ignore it for quite some time now, but it is bothersome and I need peace of mind. I have been really stressed and not been able to relax much. What can a person do about this situation? Is there any way to stop it from re-occuring often?

Citizen,

I don't see a legal problem here; I'm really thinking you might want to speak to a counselor about your situation.

Yep... seek professional help from a counselor to address these issues. On top of that, change/disconnect your phone and change/disconnect your email. You answer the phone and read emails by choice... if you don't like what you are receiving, choose not to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back