Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Drug test in county jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason9019

I was caught with 5.9 grams of marijuana. i live in iowa and was sentenced to unsupervised probation for a year,license revocation for 6 months,substance abuse classes,fines, and 31 hours in county jail. I have never been in trouble before and i was wondering if they will drug test me when i go in to do my 31 hours? and if they do test me and it comes up dirty will they hold me for longer than 31 hours? can they hold me longer than my release time? im really scared because i dont wanna spend christmas in jail. and please if you have negative or stupid comments dont bother with replying. thanks for the help.

It would depend on the terms of your probation (if it states that you must be drug free). If this is part of your probation then drug testing is possible, and if it comes back dirty then you are done because that would be a violation of probation.

It's really hard to say whether or not they would actually test you. That's something that would be up to the jail.

Most likely the terms of your probation prohibit possession or use of any drugs. Violate your probation and yes, they can keep you longer. However, if your probation terms do not have any search terms, and does not say anything about random testing, then they would likely need your consent to any tests.

Jason, you say you don't want any negative comments, are you trying to shape the advice? You MUST stop using drugs if you don't want the consequences. You can't have one without the other. If you think that is talking down to you or being negative so be it but you have to come to grips with reality. If you keep using, you will keep getting negative consequences. I'm not trying to be mean, its just the truth and you must eventually accept it.

It is highly unlikely that you are on probabtion for a drug charge and not subject to random drug screenings. They should do a baseline screen to determine if and when you are clean. If it has not been 30 days since your conviction, a dirty urine will not trigger a revocation because your drug use could have been prior to your conviction and sentencing.

Within 30 days they will do a screen to get a base line. If you are positive, they will sceen you every few days until you are negative or it becomes obvious that you are still using. After you are clean then they will test you randomly looking to see if you are still using. You must stop using or you will go to jail and stay there.

Good luck, I hope you are not in for Christmas, but it is really in your hands.

law for drug test in country jail

hi forum

I have some knowledge for the Suffolk County has a population of over 1.5 million and, and our entire staff works tirelessly to serve and protect our residents through innovative programs to reduce inmate recidivism, by promoting sound fiscal policies and by working cooperatively with law enforcement and community groups throughout the county to improve safety in our jails and our neighborhoods.

Jason - Here's the thing - you are on probation for drug charges. As previously stated, drug testing is almost certainly part of your probation. You have to have known this when you were put on probation. So if you are still using drugs, then you are sinking your own ship. Sorry, but that's reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back