suing ex roomates for unpaid bills rent and damages

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgueaga

Hi, I am suing two of my ex roommates for 2000$ in damages to the house we were renting along with 617$ dollars in unpaid bills and unpaid rent.I am very confident that i will win the case.i have the the other two roommates testifying against them along with recordings and messages from them.Its just that i technically have to start paying for the damages 1050$ because i am on the lease im just wondering if i can sue for stress and maybe damages to my credit?Here's a breakdown for the list
[/LIST]
300$ NFL ticket 96$ for two months of direct TV and 96 for 4 months of phone bills 75$ for a late fee for one month and 50$ dollars for money they took out of the full rent that we gave them to pay the land lord and never gave him

You won't get far if you ask for damages for stress... the judge will probably just roll his eyes at you.
Go to court with a list of damages that you can actually document and don't bring anything else up.

Moose is right. Lawsuits are suppose to be to recoup actual damages not to make money on them.

i know its just that i barely make any money and christmas is around the corner and thier b.s. is making it very hard to pay my bills as it is i was just wondering if there was something i could get since im pretty much without a home right now

The real bad news is that when you get a judgment you might have a hard time collecting it from them if they simply don't have it.

From the time you file all the papers and serve them, probably a month... maybe 6 weeks. That will get you to the first hearing, then you will have to wait 30 days to see if they appeal. If there is no appeal then you can begin trying to collect, and if they don't pay up willingly then you will have to make more court dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back