Eric vs. Bose Corporation - Illegal Sales of Counterfeit Bose Headphones on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric86alan

Hi there,

I am seeking any kind of attorney advise that can help me with e-commerce/online sales. I am in a situation with the brand Bose and their attorney, Stacy PapaChristos out of Woodbridge, Connecticut. She represent Bose and works with their counterfeit department.

A little over a year ago I started selling counterfeit Bose headphones on eBay. I didn't know they were counterfeit, otherwise I wouldn't have sold them. I was contacted by Stacy PapaChristos after she ended much of my listing on eBay. She eventually scared and threatened me in to signing a very unofficial looking settlement basically telling me if I didn't stop selling them I would be charged much more and would be sued for millions of dollars. We settled on a $700 payment directly to the Bose Corporation. That was paid and hadn't heard anything from her until a few weeks later. I thought the whole ordeal was quite unprofessional and a bit of a joke or scam. Everything was done through e-mail and I spoke to her on the phone once or twice.

I started selling the same Bose in-ear headphones on Amazon.com for almost a month before my account was suspended for selling the headphones. I was then contacted by Stacy again, and again I signed a second settlement. The settlement was agreed that I would not sell anymore Bose, give the information to where I was buying them, surrendering all the headphones that I hadn't sold and having the balance in my Amazon account withdrawn directly to the Bose Corporation. I signed a total of three documents.

So, I didn't sell anymore headphones and time went by. In early June of this year I received an e-mail from Amazon saying that was going to be receiving a EFT of $4823.00. On June 15th I did get the promised money, although that money was supposed to be directly sent to Bose and not me. Well, being jobless and needing to pay bills, the money was pretty quickly gone. Time went by and I hadn't heard anything and finally the middle of October I received an e-mail from the Bose Trademark Council saying that I owe them a little over five thousand dollars as agreed. I ignored the e-mail and the following Monday I received several calls from Stacy PapaChristos for the whole week and an e-mail saying that Amazon cleared the payment me me instead of to Bose. Well, I wasn't about to send them the money because thinking that it's just crazy and they should have kept on their book keeping if it was so important for them to get that money. So I didn't respond to the e-mail and phone calls and finally something was sent in the mail a couple of weeks later. In the envelope, there was a cover letting explaining to me that I still owed them the money and I must contact her within five days or be faced with a two million dollar lawsuit. So I contacted her through e-mail and told her that I would not pay anything until I talked to a lawyer; she's waiting for my reply and told me that I had until December 4th to have an attorney to contact her.

My questions are: Do I still have to pay even though Amazon is the one that messed up with giving me the money instead and following up with me 9 months later? Everything that I signed was not notarized, does it still count? What do I do, if I have to pay it's going to have to be in payments because I can't get ahold of that kind of money over night.

You can also find this person on the Ripoff Report...
Keyword: Stacy PapaChristos, IP Assure, Bose

I don't understand. You are telling us you were caught knowingly selling fake merchandise. A mistake was made and a payment was sent to you that you know should have been sent to Bose. You're trying to determine whether this mistake entitles you to somehow keep the money?

"...being jobless and needing to pay bills, the money was pretty quickly gone."

This tells me that you know the answer to your question. Let me ask you this. Let's say someone was supposed to send you money but the wrong address was placed on it and it went to someone else who spent the money you were supposed to get. Would you say "well... I guess that person who spent the money shouldn't owe me any money since they received something they knew didn't belong to them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back