what can i do if anything to change this

Status
Not open for further replies.

amygheen

my now ex-husband coirused me into signing papers giveing up my half his retirement and a bunch of other things. how can i file to change that? i have a doctor to attest to my mental status.

my now ex-husband coirused me into signing papers giveing up my half his retirement and a bunch of other things. how can i file to change that? i have a doctor to attest to my mental status.

Were the "papers" written into a court order or just a agreement between the two of you?

While a contract written between the two of you is enforceable, you can try to show that you were incompetent at the time that you signed them, that it happened by fraud or coercion. Incompetency is not easy to prove unless your doctor has you drugged up for some reason. Fraud is where he lied to you or switched documents on you. Coercion is where he threatened to hurt you in some what or withhold something that is rightfully yours if you did not sign. If you can prove any of those things you may be able to defeat the contract.

Who is in possession of the retirement and other things now?

While a contract written between the two of you is enforceable, you can try to show that you were incompetent at the time that you signed them, that it happened by fraud or coercion. Incompetency is not easy to prove unless your doctor has you drugged up for some reason. Fraud is where he lied to you or switched documents on you. Coercion is where he threatened to hurt you in some what or withhold something that is rightfully yours if you did not sign. If you can prove any of those things you may be able to defeat the contract.

Who is in possession of the retirement and other things now?
he would threaten me that id get nothin , and that he'd stop helping me with the kids and my medicine......i've been unable to work due my heart and diabetice and have been very nervous for years due to years of drunken verbal and physical and mental abuse. i dont have money to pay for an attorney....which is why i need to file the motion myself......just unsure where to start or what to file

he would threaten me that id get nothin , and that he'd stop helping me with the kids and my medicine......i've been unable to work due my heart and diabetice and have been very nervous for years due to years of drunken verbal and physical and mental abuse. i dont have money to pay for an attorney....which is why i need to file the motion myself......just unsure where to start or what to file
he is in possession of all propertys

If your mental helath issues prohibit your from normal decision making how are you surviving?
my mental status is sound.i'm just very nervouse from years of drunken mental and physical abuse.....he threatend me into signing the papers and deceaved me saying that the ..his attorney was to represent us both sense it was for an anulment

You need an attorney. Consult one for free and see how much it will cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back