Denied by the insurance ,fired and now evicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall

Hi, Boy do I have a sad tale. I worked for The Rosicrucian Fellowship for about a year.Three months ago I was injured on the job. A hernia. The arrangement here was I give the Fellowship 20hrs a week of my time, Doing anything from house painting to office work. In exchange for an apartment here on the grounds. They call me a volunteer, But I had to keep a time card and was given serious job's to do. Well since my injury I am on restricted duty from the Doc. Well I received an eviction notice on 10/12/09, On 10/23/09 I received a denial from the insurance company telling me The Fellowship was not covered for volunteers. On 11/27/09 I received an unlawful detention suit (paperwork). My Question is , Will a judge listen to an argument defending my position to remain here until I am healed from the surgery if I can somehow get the insurance or the Fellowship to step up. I went to the Doc on a work comp claim for 3 months before they denied me. The medical file's say I was injured here at work. Can they really just throw me out injured like this? Thank's for any input. Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back