Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Wrongfully Accused of Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbaz98

I drove to kmart today roughly between the hours of 10 - 11am to pickup my 3 month old daughters pictures and was very excited about that. I had 3 clothing items of my stepson that I was returning but left them in the car at first. It's a windy rainy day and didnt wanna carry around clothes while taking a look at my daughters pictures at the portrait studio. So I went to the studio's desk and received my pictures. I took the pictures to the car everything was fine. Then I grabbed the 3 pieces of clothing from my stepson in the backseat along with the receipt to go to the customers service desk for a return. Immediately when I got there this guy out of nowhere comes over and asks the clerk, (who is the supervisor there) for my receipt and took it with him to wherever her went. I waited about 15 mins or so he came back and on his phone device he had a photo of me on his mobile device saying you weren't carrying anything when you walked in? where did these items come from were u with someone did u leave these items somewhere and then took them up to the customer service desk? I was forced to tell my story or else I dont know what could have happened. In any case he went back again after I said what I did and he ran the video again. When he came back the second time he said go ahead and proceed with the refund and told me he was sorry and since they didnt detain me it was all peachy keen. I was humiliated embarassed in front of store personnel and customers that I commited shoplifting. I wasn't happy about the situation so I asked for the store manager. She came out and gave me the number for corporate office because it turns out the prevention manager was on this case alone. And he was the one talking to me directly about the issue. The store manager went on to say call the corporate office they will handle everything. She also wrote a note below the number saying Sue District Analyst in this situation what am i to do? Is it worth suing? Is it worth doing anything at all? Or would it all be one giant headache for me in the future. I am thinking of this all day now. I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder in the past. And this is just over my head now.

You don't have much of a case.
The man was doing his job. He believed he detected a crime, investigated it, heard your story, acknowledged his error, and you went on your way.
Yes, it may have been embarrassing, but such is life.
There wasn't anything malicious about their actions, and it doesn't sound like you were treated poorly... just embarrassed.

I was in freds dollar store 3 days ago and i was figuring up how much my stuff was and decided that i was going to put something back that i really couldnt afford. As i was walking in the store a police officcer came up behind me and said that he needed to search my purse because the store manager said that i had taken something out of my purse and put it back, which bis untrue. He proceeded to go thru my purse without my permission, and threatened to arrest me for disorderly conduct because i was exremely upset by the scene that the officer was causing. He didnt find anything in my purse and he told me that I had overreacted and that it was no big deal cause i was goiing home and not to jail and that i was never allowed to come back in freds again. I had never even went thru the check out yet when the officer approached me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back