Cell Phone Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copland

Hi,

I have a question about cell phone records. It has come to my knowledge through second hand information, that someone has(had) access to my cell phone records (knowledge that could only be known through my records). I do know someone with connections to a lawyer. Is it possible to privately access my records through a pretense (since I have no law or legal conflicts) in order to access my records?
Is there a record of subpoena to look at to find the source? I spoke with Verizon and they told me that it could only be through 3 channels: Law Enforcement, Lawyer, or deception. I personally think its through a lawyer...
How would I go about verifying for likely legal action?

Copland

Verizon should be able to tell you if your info has been released to anyone. Most businesses would have sent you a notice in the mail advising you that your records were released. If Verizon has no record of your info being released, then consider that someone accessed your info online or by other means.

I agree with Moose. A lawyer can only access your information by use of a subpoena and he/she can only get that when an action has been filed. If an action had been filed you would know because they have to serve you first. I would send a letter to Verizon requesting that you be told of any access that has been granted to your records.

I suspect that someone has hacked your account. Change your password. That is the most likely way your records have been accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back