Step mom is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroweb99

state of: Michigan

Where to start...:mad:

My dad passed away overseas, in Austria, while on vacation Oct 1, 2009. It took 3 weeks to get the ashes back so we could bury him.

He was remarried, so the step mom is the problem. Dad had us 2 sons. He always made sure our families were ok and we had a great relationship. A very, very organized person and a forward thinker. So it came to our surprise that there was no will, so the step mom says. She will not tell of any wishes he may have had, nor give us ANY info about ANYTHING! We are totally in the dark. In the meantime she has been going around moving money and paying things off and even says "boy, your dad left me pretty good!".

We have asked repeatedly to get a copy of an original death certificate, and she keeps saying to wait and see if she has any left after she uses them for whatever. Problem is, we can't get one from the states because it was all done in Austria. So we can't find out if there is a will registered or not.

Also, my blood mother says my dad called her up about 6 months ago and told her he set up a Trust for my brother and me. Well step mom knows nothing (of course) and thinks my mom is trying to start trouble. I asked who my dad's lawyer was, and she says they didn't have a lawyer. (bang head here).

She has assumed possesion of everything. The house, the cars (6), the stocks, bonds... everything. I know her name was joint for a lot of that stuff, the house I know, and probably some of the investments, so we aren't entitled to any of that.

My dad also owned a small business in the basement, a machine shop that makes display parts for the Auto show in Detroit. My brother and I worked with him here and there for the last 5 years. It is a DBA. My brother went there to make some parts last week, because they need em, and we are the only ones who know how now. Well she had them make the check out to her and paid my brother an hourly wage! She didn't lift a finger and made $400. She never had an interest in that biz until now. I'm 99% sure her name is not on the dba.

(I'm almost done)

She took all the money from the funeral home, you know, where the money is supposed to go to the deceased's favorite charity? Yeah, about $1000. She looked at one check which was made out to the church and said "This is made out to St Peters, that's not worth a shi!t". That's her in a nutshell.

She says there is only a $30,000 life policy.

Oh, and by the way, she has already had dinner with one of my dad's racing buddies and is having him over so she can make him dinner at her...I mean... my DAD'S house. 1 month gone.... I hate this woman.

So my questions are...

1) Are we entitled to a copy of the death certificate?
2) Is my step mom entitled to the small business?
3) Any other suggestions would be great.

We kinda know about the rest.

We are not money hungry, we just need some truth. And everytime we ask a question, she gets defensive and knows nothing. Please ADVISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back