Parole, Probation US Probation and Driving a Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JANETOFCALIF

Hi All,

I just started Federal Supervised probation for a NON violent crime (fraud).

I sent an email to my U.S. Probation Officer and I am awaiting his reply.

The probation terms they gave me seemed like a cookie cutter sheet, no community svs, no drug testing, nothing special checked off. However one of the basic terms (line #1) is the don't break ANY new Federal, State or Local laws. I do mail in a monthly report which notes any police contact and other questions, which of course I would check this off if any things occurs.

First question: what happens if I recieve a traffic infraction? Such as a fix it to a speeding or any moving violation? I do know that certain moving violations may cause an officer to arrest ANYONE, just wondering if everyday moving violations, fix it's, or minor speeding etc will violate my probation?

Second Question: regardless of the infraction will the officer arrest me just because I am on probation?

Thank you

It wouldn't hurt to let the po know about it... I really doubt they care about minor infractions, but it would show them that you take things seriously and that they can trust you to report.
After all, it does say ANY police contact... but they aren't going to be too concerned with you traffic infractions. Better safe than sorry.
And no... your po won't have you arrested over a traffic infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back