Parole, Probation petition to revoke probation in Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

dommad

I have a question to see if we have any hope. My husband has had a PTR filed in Lake County due to a few allegations. A failure to contact his probation officer, we believe he contacted her at all of the required times but cannot prove it. A failure to complete community service hours, the community service officer has record of completion from 5 months ago and she notified his probation officer immediatly upon completion. Another charge is an additional case that has not finished court procedings. The final allegation is dirty Urinary Analysis following an admitance of relapse before and during rehabilitation. He is currently voluntarily back in rehabilitation even though he succesfully completed the court appointed treatment. I need to know what his rights and options are. For the record he is currently on parole and any additional jail time can be considered violation of parole.

His rights are SEVERELY limited. He is at the mercy of the court and the probation officer. Kiss their rear and hope for the best.

Sure, they have to prove certain things they can't just assume them, but you took a statement of "severely limited" and found light in it. The point is he has next to no options. He needs to seek MERCY, not rights.

Sure, they have to prove certain things they can't just assume them, but you took a statement of "severely limited" and found light in it. The point is he has next to no options. He needs to seek MERCY, not rights.

I didn't "find light" in the statement, I am merely looking at all angles of this. From the things I am seeing a probation officer who makes false allegations does not have the probationies best intrest at heart and either has a case load that is to large to be able to files correctly or has a vandetta against my husband. I need to know what we can do about obviously false alegations.

You have to prove that the probation officer knew that the allegations were false. If the probationer officer was acting in good faith, believing certain facts to be true that were later proved otherwise, there will be no fault.

Of course you can and should prove if the probation officer is lying. But I think we all know that is going to be a real stretch to do. I would work on mercy not rights. Same answer, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back