Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm333

I injured my knee at work and I am out on workers

comp,My question is about my health insurance I get

at work. Does it go to cobra payements at the end of

the month or do I continue to have coverage through

my job because I was hurt at work ?

Another question I have is about social security benefits, I was told that could collect work comp benefits as well as SS disibility benefits at the same time ?
I live in New York
Thanks in advance !

Patricia Young,
I am sorry I did not know you responded. Whats is FMLA ? I have been out since November and I am still out on workers comp. My employer cancled my health insurance march 1/10 and I just found out this week that happened. I have used my private health insurance since march 1 and I was covered I thought. Now I am getting bills do to no coverage. Thanks for your help !
Patrick

8 months later and you never checked?

Even if the injury WAS covered under the Family Medical Leave Act, you have been out way longer than the law requires to employer to keep your job for you. And IF you were on FMLA, the employer was required to maintain your coverage at shared cost (what you would have deducted from your paychecks if you were still working). However, once that 12 weeks of job protection had been exhausted (again ONLY if FMLA applied), they are required to adhere to the rules of the plan itself.

At this point, they could legally terminate your employment and offer you. Or they could keep you on a leave of absence, but offer you COBRA while you are on LOA. Either way, they have 44 days to notify you of your COBRA rights, following the date of termination of coverage.

BTW, you can skip my follow-up questions on the other board on which you posted; there is more information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back