Missed Traffic Court Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafox

Hello everyone, and thanks in advanced for any help you may offer...

I live in California, and I was originally pulled and written a ticket for driving without a license on me, not having registration in the car and no license plates.
I went to my first court date, and got a continuance, everything good..

now I heard the judge say October 21st, but aparently she said September 21st, regardless of the careless error, i still missed my court date..

Now i was wondering how i go about rescheduling the court date, or what to do at all, and since i got a new license now, will it matter if i get pulled over? originally they took down my passport information because at the time my wallet got stolen with my license.

thanks again

Because you missed the court date it is possible that a warrant was issued for your arrest, or, that your license was ordered suspended until the matter is resolved ... maybe both.

You might want to contact the court and find out how to schedule a new court date. Or, consult an attorney to help you out.

- Carl

Call the clerk. You are probably going to have to pay a $100 +/- fine just for missing the court date before you can be rescheduled. Do not delay, this will go downhill fast.

You can also handle this by calling your sheriff or police department. You most likely do have a warrant and if you contact them you will most likely be issued a new citation and given a new court date. The warrant is nothing to worry about. I can't imagine any jurisdiction would book you into jail on those charges. You can take care of all of this without leaving the house... call them and give your name and they can verify if a warrant exists... if they find it they can have someone respond to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back