Not getting my title from dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmom43311

I purchased a car from a dealership on September 5,2009. I still don't have my title to the car I purchased. I called the dealership and finally got a hold of the dealership manager. They still don't have the title, we are giving them 3 days to come up with it, that start Friday October 2. If they can't get it what are my rights? Can I get my money back with repair cost, since they can't give me clear title to the car. Are they violation of our contract right now. How long do I have to wait? I do have proof of payment and paperwork for the car.

Do you want your money back? Is it a new or used car? First don't panic because, though there is a time limit, this isn't always a bad thing. Some titles are in transit. They need to take care of it, but don't panic.

You will not be able to get "repair costs" but after the statutory amount of time you will likely be able to force them to buy the car back. Let me do some research.

Answer those questions if you would.

Ohio gives the seller 30 days to deliver title. After that I would imagine the sale is voidable at your option. You will not be able to recover repair costs as the vehicle was yours during the 30 days and you elected to repair it. Again, the real question is why the title has not come. It's not an uncommon problem and you can probably use it as leverage to get something out of the dealership. Press them, see what pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back