Online Game Account Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity314

I signed up for an online game several months ago. After many problems with Internet security and my credit card number being stolen, I decided to cancel any accounts linked to my credit card. I was successful with every account except the online game account. I canceled the paid subscription, but the account (which I am no longer paying for) remains active on the website, still displaying the last 4 digits of my credit card number. Not only can I not find a way to remove my numbers from my account, but they will not let me delete the account. I contacted the administration to have my account removed, and was told that "we never delete accounts." Can they do this to me? All I want is for the account to be gone. I though that I had to right to remove an account for which I had voluntarily signed up. Please help me?

There is a simple way to handle this, IMHO. If you have correspondence regarding this policy in writing, send a complaint to your credit card company and the online gaming company's merchant. Mention the problem of fraud and the outrageous policy this company claims to have. My guess is you'll have a response rather quickly. Feel free to copy them as well. I'm wondering whether part of what you're telling me might be lost in translation as this seems highly suspect and unusual. Let us know how things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back