Johnny B

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBRACERO

My jurisdiction is: NEW YORK

hello All
I Am New To This Forum And I Hope Someone Can Give Me The Straight Truth. My Wife And I Are Both On Social Security Disability And Receive Monthly Monies From Them. I Also Am Receiving A Disability Pension From The State Of New York For A Work Related Injury That Has Me Disabled,I Also Reciecve Bi-weekly Comp Payment's For That Injury. I And I'm Sure Many Folk's Like Myself Have Fallen On Hard Finacial Times. My Question With All Of Our Monies Coming From A Disablilty Source,comp,state And Fed's. How Much Of It Could Be Garnisheed By Creditor's,ie.credit Cards,wal-mart,lowes,and Is There A Way To Stop That From Happening,are There Stautes And Or Laws Prohibiting It. Thank You:(

Like you I'm an injured worker from NYS collecting the same benefits you mentioned.
I've researched to ascertain similar answers to these questions without receiving consistent answers. Do you have an attorney, does s/he know of these other problems?
If so I'd go with your attorneys advice. One constant that I've come across is most of your monies can not be garnished and or frozen if they are in an separate account of their own but if they are linked (ie checking) then the account can be frozen until the mater is decided as to what funds are from where and what; to which may take forever leaving you without access to YOUR funds meaning you'll probably starve. Work with your attorney and try to open a line of communication with whom you owe, also I'm aware of attorneys who specialize in the field of protecting and negotiate a lower debt for people like us, who at no fault of our own, became injured and poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back