Former employer is refusing to pay hospital bills he said he would, workers comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluciano88

My jurisdiction is: San Diego, Ca

Jurisdiction- San Diego, CA

I worked for this employer for over a year. During that time I was under appreciated, disrespected, and put under and enormous amount if undue stress. Those are the 3 main reasons I quit a week ago. The owner promised all full-time employees, myself included, that he would provided us with medical insurance by April 1st, 2009, both verbally and in writing. Medical Insurance was never provided.

Approximatley 1 month ago, I was in the office during normal business hours and fainted. I was under a lot of stress as it was the end of the month and he demanded better numbers. I have no medical history of such personally or in my family. When I woke up there were several paramedics and EMTs in the office who insisted that I go to the hospital to get checked out. I did not have insurance obviously and did not want to go to the hospital. My boss/owner of the company stepped in and said I should go to the hospital and he would pay for it, so I went. There were several witnesses to this, including other employees and the responding EMTs/medics. Everything check out fine at the hospital but I now have over $10k in ER bills.

I quit last week for the reasons stated above and now he is refusing to pay the bills. Do I have any legal recourse? Is this a workers comp case? I cannot afford to pay these bills, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back