Pet Fee Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick41146

Since losing my home, I have taken residence in a 33' Trailer. I am located just outside of Lake Elsinore in a beautiful area.
I have been living in this trailer here for the past year and have a Black Labrador and a small Cocker/Lab mix. The site I have been in, for a year, is completely fenced in. I picked it because of the fence so my dog's could go outside and not be chained up. I clean up after them every (yes every) day. There are no smells or trash left laying around in the yard.
Now it seems the park wants to charge me an additional $25 each, per month, for my dogs. They are calling it a "Pet Fee". I have asked them what exactly the fee is for, but they have no answer. Their comment has been, "well, we made a pet run for dogs". Indeed they did. An old horse corral with chicken wire around the bottom. Nothing special at all.
I can see a "pet fee" in an apartment where damage can be done on an ongoing basis, but this is not an apartment! The dogs sleep inside my trailer, eat inside my trailer and of course do their business outside.
I would agree to a refundable pet deposit, as to cover the cost of clean up if necessary.
A "monthly Pet Fee" in this situation seems to be a bit out of the ordinary to me.
Are not Pet Fees usually intended for Apartments or dwellings?

It's not unusual that mobile home parks have pet fees (or even disallow pets), even though folks own their own mobile homes/trailers.

This is usually done to discourage folks from having pets. You sound like a very responsible pet owner; however, many people aren't in terms of picking up after their animals or even keeping them confined in yards, on leashes, etc..

Gail

Not the answer I was looking for....lol....but thank you for responding.
Oh well....i'll just try to fight it on a logical level....logic prevails, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back