How do you seal public records in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

issachar

I'm trying yo block my personal info (ie my birth date/address) from information brokers like Intellius. I was told I may be able to seal my personal records. How can I do that legally? Is it a right only celebrities can employ?

From experience, Intellius is a highly inaccurate service and you get the privilege of finding that out after purchase. Intellius will likely claim that the information it collects and provides is from public sources. Did you contact them about removal or prevention of release of this information? Why are you stating that celebrities are only enjoying privileges of protection?

Within your question is the problem: they are Public records. Your Date of Birth may not be public, but I'm sure you have put it out there somewhere and therefore lost your expectation of privacy. Once it is out there, sealing it is impossible.

Celebrities use the power of money (they have it to spend) and the threat of lawsuits (that you likely can not afford) to safeguard even public information from being distributed. So, if you can afford to hire an attorney to write the various services and threaten to sue them if they don't remove your information you too can be a "private" celebrity. There is no magic to it, it's just money. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back