Pictures of me posted without consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutthatout

Hello. I'm being blackmailed, I'll leave out unnecessary details, but, the culprit has revealing pictures of me and has threatened- well, he said the website is already up, it just needs 12-24 hours for the DNS to be resolved. Anyway, the website is my full name and is said to have these pictures of me on it. Is this legal? Can he get away with this or can I take legal action against him. Thanks.

If the site goes up, sue the hell out of him.

There is also another solution in the mean time to get this down, if it is in fact a real website. Go to www.whois.com, and you will see a box where you would type a web address to see if it's available to buy. LOOK RIGHT BELOW THAT in blue letters, you will see Whois lookup. Click on that, and type in the web address without the www (so it would be thelaw.com, for example) and there is a box to type in a number code that you see.

It will then show you who has registered the web address, and what the name of the hosting company is. He may have had this set to private, but you will still see something called a DNS server - and it will look something like this: dns.aabb.com - so then do a google search for aabb.com, and you will find the web host. Contact them, and let them know what is going on. More than likely he is using one of the free webhosting deals, and they almost always frown on this type of behavior and those types of pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back