Children's medical/school info cut-ff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Help

I have joint legal custody of my children. My ex purposefully does not list me as a parent at the schools or doctors. My ex withholds medical and school information from me. The schools and doctors offices do not give me information because I am not listed as a parent. I think my ex must also write something else down because when I offer to show proof of my joint legal custody they say I "have to work it out with the other parent."

I believe I have full decision making ability to medical and school matters, and certainly should not be cut-off from this information.

Do I need to go to court for something more? Or can I have a lawyer write a generic letter to these entities for myself to present to be listed as a person who legally has access to the records?

Any help is greatly appreciated. My son has recently been in a crash -racking bikes on Lance Armstrong's ex team - at over 50 mph. My ex is terrible with medical follow up and I am a student nurse soon to graduate as an RN. He needs my help now and I must get this straightened out!

Thanks for any advise-

The schools needs to give you information, just go down there and show them your divorce decree since you have joint custody. All you can do is file conte,pt against mom and have it added that you must be included on all school and DR paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back