authentication of pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlaw4me

How does one get pictures they have as evidence in a child abuse matter be authenticated, eg. the date the picture was taken. Or, are there agencies that do this & how do I contact them?

What kind of child abuse matter? Civil or criminal? What do you need them authenticated for? How do you plan to use them?

My daughter & us are involved in contentious custody battle of her three minor daughters. Judge award temp custody to paternal grandparents. On first visitation weekend, when she & I picked up the girls, I noticed tiny scab or scratch on upper lip of youngest daughter. Asked her about it - she said she bumped it at other grandmother's house some days earlier & so I didn't give much thought - kids do that all the time. Happen to take pictures of girls that Sat & Sun just before returned them to paternal grandmother. Next thing to happen allegations of child abuse that my daughter allegedly hit the youngest in the mouth with a spoon, it was all puffy & bloody & reported it to CPS. Two things - this was same day that paternal grandfather was convicted of assault against my daughter; other - they didn't take the youngest to the hospital for exam or took pictures of this alleged injury. This came up in court, showed the pictures I had - opposing attorney said it could have been taken at any time other than that Sun pm just before we returned the girls. CPS is convinced my daughter did this but no way; I & my husband were there all weekend & if she had done that, I would have called CPS & then went to the hospital to have her lip checked. Aside from date authentication, I need medical expert to exam this photograph to descrbe her face & say whether or not this is consistent with the injuries her ex-husband & family are alleging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back