NYC neighbor harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelseagirl

My jurisdiction is: NYC

I have an upstairs neighbor that has been complaining about my dogs barking. I have gone to great lengths to monitor them. I have a webcam set up, so I know when they bark during the day and I'm home with them every night, except on the rare occasion I go out, I get a dogsitter to insure quiet.

They do NOT bark excessively. They only alert bark (for a minute or less) when someone buzzes or knocks at the door. No other neighbors have complained, in fact, my other neighbors have offered to testify on my behalf if needed. For some reason he is fixated on me. Management agrees that this guy is acting unreasonably and they've told him that I'm within my rights. So, he now calls 311 and I got a stern letter from NYC.

At 4 am one night he came down to my apt and continually rang my buzzer for about 15 minutes (driving the dogs nuts). He also sent letters to my other neighbors rallying them to complain to management about me. I know this because my neighbors feel badly that he is harassing me.

I'm afraid that he will do something harmful and I am mortified that he sent these letters to everyone surrounding me. I have good relationships with my neighbors, and this very upsetting.

While management is supporting me in the way that they are willing to back me up to NYC, they don't want to get involved in a "tenant dispute". This leaves me out there to dry alone. What can I do?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back