visitation rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilei

I was awarded full custody of my 3 yr old son in Feb 2009. My sons mother was just released from a correctional facility (convicted felon) in Mar 2009. The judge didn't put in place a visitation order due to her being in jail at the time. She said it was up to me when she saw him and when she was released that she and I would need to try to come to an agreement on visitation

My fiance and I have relocated to North Carolina and I need to know is it our responsibility to take him to VA for her to him or is it her responsibility to get him.

Also if she takes me back to court to get custody back will she have to take me to court in VA or NC.

since you are the one that moved, why is it moms responsibility to provide transportation? It is not and you should have gotten permission from the courts or mom to move. If you refuse to help out with transport and mom takes you back to court, I am not sure how good that will look in court. Normally the parent that creates the distance should provide transportation. VA has jurisdiction here, it will not be moved to NC so if mom files in VA that is her right to do so since they have jurisdiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back