credit report dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

barker1911

On June 19th I sent a dispute letter to the 3 credit report agencies. after 30 days only transunion sent me back a letter with some accounts deleted and others that they say are mine but two are not. I thought they have to send me proof of debt such as a copy of a contract or something like it. the other agency sent me a letter that I only received on July 27th ( after the 30 days period) but again same thing no proof of debt and innacurate account informations. What should I do now? Do I need o dispute again and again? Don't they need to send me proof of this debts , because I had called several times these collector saying that it's not mine.

Here's what you have to keep in mind. The credit burears are private companies who are in the information business. Their only clients are your creditors, not you. The only real way to clear this up is to have the creditors get rid of the info.

You need to contact the creditors directly. And it's not just to get it off of your credit report, but you need to know why those accounts showed up in the first place. Sounds like there might be an identity theft issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back