medical debt and judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladystykz

I tried to set up payment arrangements with a collection agency after being summond. the agency sent me a letter saying they would honor my payment arrangements, but not at what i agreed to pay it was much higher. Tried to speak with agency about those arrangments but was told they would not accept and would continue action. Don't know what to do next help please.

The agency sent me a legal document from their lawyer that had their payment arrangements on it, not the arrangements that i wrote in my response letter to their firm. Their arrangements were much higher. I then tried to call this lawyers firm and question why the amount was not what i agreed to. Their response was that they did not have to accept that amount and that they would continue legal actions against me. Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
the agency sent me a letter saying they would honor my payment arrangements, but not at what i agreed to pay it was much higher.

Could you clarify that please? What arrangement did you make, and with whom? Why did the agency not honour it?

Don't know what to do next help please.

You don't have that many options. I take it you don't dispute the debt. You can either continue talking to the credit agency to make acceptable payment arrangements, or you can wait for your court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back