Fair Employee Insurance Compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paalen

I am trying to figure out how to fairly compensate my employees for health insurance benefits received.

My company has 55 full time employees receiving benefits that costs me anywhere from $0-$20,000 per employee.

I have two employees that make a great example. Leah is married with a family and is on her husband's government policy which costs me nothing. Nancy is also married with a family. She is taking my family plan which is costing her $4,000 a year and my company $16,000 yearly. They are both excellent employees working the same job and are being paid $35,000/yr.

I feel the above scenario is unfair because Leah's actual salary is $35,000 and Nancy's is now $51,000 with the additional insurance benefits she receives.

I have considered giving my employees a stipend of $6,000 for insurance. Leah would love this because it is roughly a 20% boost to her salary bringing her to $41,000. Nancy is now forced to pay $14,000 for her insurance which would bring her net pay down to $21,000.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Could someone point me to where I could get more information on how others have handled this discrepancy?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back