can i sue by boss for firing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfxtr0t

my boss keeps threating to fire me because he says i "dont seem like i want to be here". i know for a fact that the assistant manager has gotten caught smoking weed at the work place...some higher manegment have gotten caught drinking on the job... some employees have just not shown up for work, or showed up late on numerous occasions. one guy got caught selling drugs out of the work place...none of them were terminated...i'm the only minority in this place...everyone else is white. if he did fire me...can i sue them...because all these other people did all these things and he didnt fire them but i do something small and i get fired?
also three or 4 people have quite/fired but they know what goes on there. could i get them to testify and have a strong case if it did go to court?

IF you had a valid and supportable reason to show that the only reason you were fired was that you were a minority AND IF you filed a complaint with the EEOC or your state equivalent AND IF that agency issued you a right to sue letter, then, yes, you could sue.

But you cannot sue just because you get fired - you have to be fired for an illegal reason before you can sue. You can't sue because it's unfair. You can't sue because someone else didn't get fired.

However, if you want to use the fact that these others didn't get sued to support your assertation that you were fired because of your race, I can't see anything against it.

can i sue my boss

hey i work for a company for 8 years one of the workers was taken out computer with a fork lift my car was park in the street the skid with computer fell on my car the cost to fix it is 2000$ now my boss want to fired me because of that he dont want to pay or if he do pay me he will fired me please advise

No you don't have a good reason to sue and win against your employer. Why do people think that the actions of others excuse their own. You can't pin what he is or is not doing on race and that is what you would have to do. There is an easy way to find out. Go to the EEOC and file a claim. They will tell you if you can sue.

can i sue my boss

i did not damage my car a guy from the job damage my car can u plz read carefully in my first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back