350.00 Non Refundable Pet Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymaymae

HI there, I hope someone can help me here. I just moved out of an apartment on June 30th. I lived there for 5 years. Two adults 1 child, 1 cat, 1dog. I paid a 350.00 non-refundable pet fee and a 250.00 security deposit when we first moved in.
Now as we moved out, I will admit that we did not leave the apartment as tidy as we could have. Yet, after 5 years the carpet throughout had been essentialy ruined. I honestly did not expect the deposit back. However, when we received the damages I had expected to have the pet fee/deposit deducted from the damages as well, needless to say that they were not.
Then the letter of damages that they sent me were not completely itemized. For example it says:
Damages charges: carpet replacement, trashout, replace all blinds 690.00

But when I talked to the manager of the property today she said she gave a discount on the carpet which was not properly documented to begin with.
Meaning that she did not state how much the intital cost of the replacement of the carpet and what the discount wason the original statement.
She informed me that she would be sending me another itemized account statement in the mail. As she does that, how do I know that she is not just making up those numbers to appease me and help them/her?

When I moved in the complex in 2004 the pet deposits were all non refundable. Now, they are split in half. Half non refundable and half deposited into n escrow accunt.

As a long term tenant of 5 years, what is deemed normal wear and tear? Along with a pet?

Do I have a leg to stand on at all?

Thanks so much in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back