Help with CPS in TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishmum

This is my second question in a couple days. I feel like I'm going crazy right now. There is too much going on.

My question is this: Due to my own concerns being backed up by my daughter's teachers raising the same concerns, I called the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline. I wasn't sure how that worked and I thought they could give me some advice or tell me if I should be concerned about my daughter's dramatic behavioral changes when she returns from long weekend visits with her father, which just started recently. We are also worried about her physical state when she returns. There has been something wrong with her each time she comes back, showing seeming neglect. I asked the gentleman who answered the phone if he could give me advice. He said no, but tell me your concerns and I will tell you if there is enough to make a report, which should tell you if you have reason to be concerned. So I told him everything that I, my family, and the teachers had noticed. He said he was going to make a report and I would be contacted by CPS if they decided to investigate. He suggested I take my daughter in to her pediatrician and have her checked for signs of physical abuse. The pediatrician said she couldn't do it and sent me to a special nurse. The nurse asked a lot of questions, did the exam, and then said that her findings were non-specific. Meaning there were findings but that they could have been abuse or just things that occurred normally. So two different reports were filed, and I was told I was doing the right thing, and at least if something does happen in the future this will all be on record. Because my daughter is acting very abnormally.

Well, I got a call from CPS yesterday. I'm assuming this means they've decided to investigate. The lady seemed very concerned about my daughter seeing her father this weekend, but I told her that I have her this weekend. She wanted to meet me immediately but when I told her that my daughter is with me this weekend she said in that case she could wait until Monday. She is meeting me Monday afternoon in the parking lot of my daughter's daycare. I don't know what exactly she is going to say or do. I am getting concerned reading people's posts on here about CPS in Texas. I have done nothing wrong and these people are saying I'm doing the right thing. Everyone who knows my daughter and I, even the father's lawyer, tell me what a great job I am doing as a mother, and what a wonderful daughter I have. This is why we are all so worried about her behavior. I am starting to fear that if the system is so screwed up, they might take my child away. Nothing has been proven against the father, but he has been abusive towards me in the past to which I did testify in court.

I'm just panicking a little right now. So much is already going on in our lives (if you read my previous post, I am trying to move for a better job) and this is just icing on the cake. I just took my daughter to a movie and we're about to go grocery shopping and play in the sprinklers, and all I can think about is what if this is my last weekend with her because some crazy CPS lady takes her away from me? It's not like I have done anything wrong, but some people's posts on here make them sound like completely irrational people who will just take anyone's kid away. Maybe this is a bad time for me to be reading those kinds of posts. But can anyone tell me if I have anything to be scared about? I keep seeing images of this lady pulling up with a car seat in her back seat, walking into the school, and taking my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back