Evict or not to evict? That is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imexhausted

My jurisdiction is: Henderson, NV

Help! My parent's house is being rented by one of their friends/co-worker. Because my parent's are so friendly, there was no contract nor any deposit made. From what my dad told me, they could not evict the tenants due to the new bankcruptcy law that they will get sued if they will evict the renters when they file a bk. The renters did file for bankcruptcy but it will be dismissed this month, July. Moreover, the renters have not paid for two months rent. Can we evict the renters now that the bk is going to be dismissed? It really hurts me seing my parents working many hours to pay two mortgages while the renters are living for free. My parents are receiveing letters from the Homeowners Association asking for fees because the property is not being maintained properly. I do not think my parents should pay HOA fees again like they did last time. My head is spinning with anger. Please help!

I am unfamilar with BK law in NV but being part of a BK shoud not keep them from paying rent or your parents from collecting it. Talk to a local Tenant/Landlord Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back