Non Consensual Vehicle Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend

I had my Ford F100 Pickup truck towed to an auto repair shop because an unlicensed repair person stole my parts, and the money I gave him to repair my truck. I found out later that the licensed repair man knew this man because they all lived in New Kent county. The licensed repair man had to replace the ignition switch and distributor and several other things. I paid him and told him that I wanted him to get the truck repaired for inspection for April 2009. He agreed to repair the requested items but never did repair what I requested. He used the accuse that I really needed to replace the carburetor and starter, which I tried to find both. He told me that I would have to have the truck towed to the inspection station if they weren't replaced. I said OK, but I was more concerned about fixing the truck to pass inspection. But each time I went by his shop nothing was done to the truck. He kept saying he would get on the requested repairs. Each time I called to find out why the things requested were not fixed, he would tell me that the carburetor and starter were what I needed fixing most. I explained to him that I was trying to get those parts but some had to be ordered. However, I still wanted him to get the things done that would pass inspection. He said he would get right on it, but he never did fix what I requested that he fix. This went on for months, at least eight. I even took my car there when it broke down. I paid what he asked without hesitation. On June 13, 2009 the truck was still parked on the lot of the Great Big Flea Market where his auto shop rents from. I knew the owners of the property and they did not have a problem with my truck being their. The repair person never told me that he did not want the truck parked there either, unless I would have moved it. In fact I did speak to another tow company about moving it before I was swindled out of it. But when I went to check the truck June 22, 2009, and it was gone. I was baffled, since I was told it could not run. On June 23 I went to inquire about the truck because it may have been taken inside for repairs, but it was not there. I asked the repair person where it was, and he acted as if he did not know what truck I was talking about. Then he told me that the owners of the property inquired who the truck belongs too and that they had it removed. Which I knew was a lie because the wife and husband knew my truck, since she used to be on my board of directors. He then told me that some tow truck guy just showed up one day and claimed that the owners sent him to pick up the keys and tow the truck away. I asked him why he did not contact me about this issue before it came to this point. He became irate and raised his voice so I raised mine, and he accused me of being loud. I told him that it was not professional of him to just let somebody drive up and take my truck away without contacting me first. That anybody could have had a tow truck and took my truck. I let him know that he had no problem contacting me when he wanted to get paid for fixing it and my car. Then I asked him who towed the truck, and he said Sid's Towing or somebody. I asked him, who they were, and he said he did not know. They just showed up and he gave them the keys. I called Sid's and the tow truck owner told me that he had been towing cars for this auto shop for some time, and in fact he thought the truck belong to the auto repair man. I told him that I was the owner and that by law, he was not supposed to tow my truck away without me being present. He told me that the auto repair man said that I was there watching as he hook up the truck. He said he then registered it abandoned according to the law, and he had done nothing wrong. I replied that I was going to get the state police involved to see who had done something wrong or not. He asked me if I was threatening him. And further more if I wanted my truck back I would have to pay $95.00 for towing and $30.00 a day for storage. I told him that if he wanted to be paid he better get the money from whoever told him to tow it, because I was not going to pay him a thing and I wanted my truck back. He told me to get the state police for all he cared because he was in the right, and that I did not know the law in this matter. I hung up and searched VA Code section 46.2-1204 which laid out the exact procedure for Vehicles abandoned in garages. And I was not contacted at all according to law. In a sense, the auto repair man and the tow truck company conspired to steal my truck, and I want somebody to tell me where I stand legally, civil and criminally by Law. They need to be punished for their malfeasance behavior!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back