Caught in Park After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylucy50

My son was arrested for being in the local park after hours. He had stopped into the park to use the restroom and the gates that are normally locked when the park is closed, were open. A policeman pulled up and proceeded to search his vehicle (I think because my son is currently on probation ),arrest him, impound his car and take him to jail. The officer also put on his report that he was in possession of narcotics. Well, the narcotics were perscription and belonged to the guy riding w/my son and the boy told the officer but he still arrested my son. The boy and his mother came up to the station and told the police that. They removed the narcotics charge but my son has to go to court for this misdemeanor for being in the park. There was a small sign about 6x8inches big that states the park hours on it but my son did not see it. He only saw that the gate was open and thought it was ok to go in. Should my son plead not guilty to this charge? He didn't think he was doing anything wrong. If he pleads not guilty, will the next step be to get an attorney? Is there anything that we can do to support my sons case?

Last edited:
Assuming this is a simple trespassing charge, I would not bother spending the money on an attorney. Pay the silly fine and be done with it.

s_fitz,

Did you even read all that she wrote? It's a misdemeanor.

NO, he should not plead guilty. He should consult a defense attorney. The fact he is on probation complicates everything, because if he pleads guilty it's a clear violation, and could mean jailtime.

He went ahead and pled not guilty. He has a pre-trial hearing. Because he is 20 and unemployed, will there be a court appointed attorney? How and when do we get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back