Contract Price of Car Differant From Advertised PRice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobingalls

I bought a used vehicle today and I feel like I was misled as to the actual retail value of the vehicle. During the negotiations I was shown papers that listed the retail value at around 15,500 and the cash price of the vehicle listed on the contract was 16,700. Being the curious person I am I looked on AutoTrader and found my car and the listed price was 12,999. I then looked at Kelley Blue Book and NADA and the value of my car was significantly less then I was led to believe it was worth. The value I thought I was getting on the vehicle and led to believe I was getting on the vehicle was the deciding factor in my purchase of the vehicle.

Does this constitute false pretense or give me any other legal standing?

Exactly what did these papers say? Did they misrepresent factual information about the car's condition? If not, I am with fitz. The law expects that parties to an arm's-length transaction will take steps to inform themselves before they purchase.

Ditto. I can't say I've never heard of car salesman fibbing before. ;) But what exactly were the claims based upon? We don't even know what the claim is, only that they represented the value based upon XYZ to be above the Kelly Blue Book value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back