Consumer Fraud bought jetski cash seller has not sent me title.. need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmanjun10

i payed 4800 for a jet ski cash to the seller. the seller supposedly payed the lien holder. the seller gave me a bill of sale with no notary because the lien holder said we did not need a notary as long as we both signed, now two weeks later still no title. what can i do? the seller does not answer his phone or returns any of my calls. Spoke to the lien holder they say that they cant give me any information, that they can only speak to their client which is the seller that does not answer or returns my calls. Did i loose what i payed for the jet ski? Do i now own a jet ski that i can never register? what legal actions can i take? i live in Tampa Florida. I'm here stationed in Macdill Air Force Base. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ok-- try one more time to talk to the lien holder-- talk to the title department -- tell them the story that you have a Bill of Sale for the item in question and all you need to know is if the title has been sent off--

the bad thing here is you paid cash, ,meaning if you had done a money order or a cashiers check payable to the lien holder attached w. a bill of sale and a endorsement on the back of the check stating that payment of this constitutes a free and clear title to be sent to YOU.

But that did not happen so-- the lien holder will send the title to the seller and the seller in turn is to send the title to you.. Now 2 weeks is not a lot of time for YOU to get this title because some lien holders send titles off every month etc.. And were are talking mail time--

But this seller not wanting to talk to you is a little wired because he could have just spent your money and never paid the lien off. In this case you will have a good fight and you will have to sue him for your $$ or the title.

but try the lien holder first it would be best to go in to the "bank, or finance co" with your bill of sale in hand and talk to the branch manager-- all you want to know if 1- is it pif? And 2-have they release the title-- those are both yes or no questions. Try that and let us know what happens--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back