False Accusations (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafiozo

Hi everyone, great site

I'm currently in a dilemma, I been having some problems with my wife's ex husband for the past 5 years. He keeps going to the JP (justice of the peace) to file false complaints of threatening against me and my wife. What he keeps doing is making false accusations of threatening. Now I have to record every conversation for my own protection. The last time he filed a complaint, he said that "I threatened him". Luckily I had the whole conversation on tape which shoots down his claim of threatening. The courts put us through mediation and when he heard the tape I had he dropped the charges.

Now it's been a year, and he has made a new complaint against me and my wife about an incident at his house when we went to drop off his son for visitation. Again luckily I had my digital camera on video recording the drop off and caught everything on tape. He went to the JP again and said that we threaten him on that day too. The video will prove my innocents and prove he is lying again.

I need to know if it's possible to sue this individual in small claims court for using the police and court system to harass me and my wife. We had to take numerous days off of work to defend our self's.

Any help would be appreciated

Hire an attorney. Ask about "Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress." I also recommend you try to have his visitations cut entirely, or to always involve a state social worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back