credit cards f

Status
Not open for further replies.

123jlb

someone use me ssn# and order a credit card in my name online they order 3 credit cards, myself and my son have the same name, my son said he ordered the cards and used his ssn#. the order came from my son house and his computer, the credit card people know this , but they will not take it off my credit report. they said i have to go file charges agianst my son then they will take it off.all 3 cards were $250.00 line of credit after they took out the fees they only had $50.00 on the card. what can i do about this.

Tough spot for you to be in. The credit card company won't believe you unless you're prepared to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. If you want to make this stick, you need to file fraud charges against your son.

credit card f

i talk to my son he said he never used my ssn# plus the reporting agency has the same accounts on mine and his credit report. i call the FTC they just took down the informing and will send me a booklet. can they put the same thing on both our credit report.

Perhaps your son should contact the companies holding the credit cards and have the SSN changed to reflect HIS number, not yours.

Or, better yet, he can pay them off to make sure they are up to date then CANCEL the cards and apply again using his OWN numbers.

- Carl

If your son truly used HIS social security number and not yours, as you have clearly stated above to be the case, you need not file fraud charges as no fraud has occurred, and the debt should not show on your credit reports. Get them removed.

Having the debt removed from your credit reports should be as simple as filing disputes with the credit reporting agencies.. they will have no way of validating the debt, and it should be removed without too much drama.

In fact, if your son used only HIS social security number, it was probably the credit reporting agencies that screwed up and not the creditors. This happens often.

BUT.. if your son DID use your social security number, the above posts are correct.

I'm guessing that maybe the son could not get credit in his name so he actually DID use dad's SSN. However, it would not be an unrealistic possibility that the credit company got lazy and just took the info from dad when they ran up the name and input that as opposed to the son's SSN.

I strongly suspect the former, however. But I'm a cynic with regards to such things.

- Carl

credit card f

i want to thank everyone for thier help, i will have my son contact the credit card co and get it start.

Is this the same son you describe on the landlord/tenant forum whose landlord claims he (and you since there's the issue of you co-signing the lease) owe $7000 in back rent?

gail

credit card f

yes this is the same son. i know he seems like a jerk. but he said he used his own sss#. if i find out he used my ssn# i am finish with him. but what confuss me is that they have the same thing on both of our report. so i don't know who to believe. i have a friend that is going throught the same thing. if i would of known that these things happen i would of never name him after me. i would tell everyone out there never name your son or girl after you. bad choice. and never co sign for no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back