Car Damage at Repair shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason123

I dropped off my car at a repair shop because my car broke down. However, since it was Easter Sunday the only person at the mechanic place was somebody to check in my car. The next day, I get a call from the mechanic and he said that the damage to my engine would be around 1,200 dollars. I told him not to work on my car or anything and that i will come get it and take it somewhere else. When i got there the man tried charging me for looking at my car, even though i did not authorize him to look at my car. Not only that, there was damage to the passenger side of the door. After having a little argument with the owner of the shop, he refuses to release my car unless i pay for the work that was done. At first i refused to pay because i did not give him permission to look at my car. Finally i decided to just pay with my credit card, but the only refused to let me pay even though it was stated on the door that they accepted my car. I called the police and reported it as a "hit and run" on the property since that is all the police said i could do because of the damage. When the tow truck came to move my car, the owner of the shop blocked in my car and refused to let me take my car unless i paid him cash. I was wondering if i had a case here and what laws i could use in court. I am already taking him to small claims court as well as Shell corporation since this took place at a shell gas station. I was wondering what the laws are for this? I did sign a paper saying that they had my car, however, on there it says they are not responsible for damage.. and stuff like that? I was wondering how binding that actually is, especially if i did not give them authorization though an invoice to actually look at my car. I do also have all the receipts and invoices from the company.

They are responsible for damages. Its on their property and into their hands. You told him not to do anything to the car, he is just trying to charge you for it anyways.

Seek BBB and RIPOFF REPORT.COM and file complaints. Also, file with your attorney general.

Write in your local paper for other people who have been scammed by these guys and you will have one huge case.

You have a case for sure. I would contact attorney as soon as possible.

God be with you and good luck.

Actually, you do owe for them "looking" at your car.

You drop your car off at a repair shop because it broke down, then complain that you never gave them permission to look at your car. This was after you signed an agreement that 1. they had your car and 2. they are not responsible for damages.

What; you thought you'd bring your car in for a vacation?

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back