50/50 custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsspike

I have a 50/50 custody order with my ex-husband...one week on...one week off. In the order it specifies that exchange time will be after school on Wednesdays. We have been divorced for 4 years and my sons are 5 and 6. My 6 year old is in first grade while my 5 year old is in daycare. Up until now, this hasn't been a problem because I was used as the "Preferred Childcare Giver" during the summer months when I'm not working (I'm a teacher). Because he was using me as his personal slave during this time, I went back to court and now he is responsible for childcare during the summer. Well since the order says the exchange will happen after school, my son's first grade classroom gets out at 3:06. I used this time as a basis for exchange in the summer as well and scheduled classes directly after the time. My ex is outraged saying that the order means after he's off work at 5:00 and refuses to pick my sons up any earlier. I told him that I would have to have to drop them off at a babysitter and I would bring them to the neutral exchange spot at 10:00 pm after my class is over or he can pick them up from the babysitter when he gets off work. The babysitter is 25 miles away from where he lives. I have a feeling that he is going to go to court over this as he does every little thing. Is what I have offered or interpreted of the order incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back