Other Immigration Law no birth certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

quachtin

My wife was born on 1973 in Vietnamwith G.I. father and he went back to the U.S. after that. In Vietnam it bring shame to family for having child without a father especially an foreign father. My mother in-law was 19 and a single parent at the time was not able to file for the birth certificate. My mother in-law had someone taken care my wife while she worked.Two years later, when the communist took over in 1975 they were separated and not seeing each other until 1997. During those lost years, my wife was taken care by the foster parent and she came to the U.S. with them. My wife and I went back to Vietnam to prepare for our marriage and to start search for her biological mother more than 10 years ago and we found her , she was not remarried. We keep contact since then and I have sponsored her to visit the U.S. several times. Now we try to have to stay here for good. My mother in-law is in the U.S. now, even if she were in Vietnam, the current communist government will not do anything for her because her past (married to G.I. soldier) and the even happened before this current government took office, therefore, they cannot prove or certify anything at all. The one and only thing proves their relationship is their DNA test and we do not have any other document to support that. we already had DNA tested in the U.S. facility which recommended by USCIS. Now the CIS keeps insist us to send them the birth certificate of my wife with her biological mom. What can we do ? please help.

Sincerely

tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back