How can someone become a foster parent for a runaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina_Marie

I am a 17 year old who ranaway from home about 3 months ago. I am currently living with my best friend and her dad. I lived in an abusive home my whole life and have been molested multiple times. We were informed that my best friend's dad could somehow become my foster parent. Does any one know how to do that?

Who were you molested by and did you report it? You cannot just run away and have your friends dad be your foster dad. You are not a ward of the state. The people you are staying with can be charged with a crime. They legally cannot keep you. You cannot just run away to make this happen. If there is an issue in your house you need to call the police, or CPS. Where is your father?

We made a report with CPS, but they said that there wouldn't be an investigation/ And when we called DSHS they told us to make a report to CPS. I was molested by my father and I have reported it to the police. They sent us to therapy. (because that was supposed to do something)

If you are currently a runaway, then the people you are staying with are potentially breaking the law by harboring you and they could be arrested and go to jail. Unless they take the appropriate steps to contact the authorities, there is not a chance on Earth they will be able to gain any form of temporary custody of you.

To get into foster care, the court (generally through action by CPS) has to declare they have jurisdiction over you. They then can assign placement. It could be with a friend, but will usually be with an established foster care program or local family member. But, if CPS and the court are not willing to remove you from the home (likely for lack of substantiated abuse) then no foster placement is forthcoming.

- Carl

If you were molested by your father then there should be an investigation. Something is missing out of your story. Where is your mother? You ar e runaway and the people you are staying with are breaking the law. I have a hard time believing that CPS would tell you they are not going to do anything. You are a minor and they would remove you from the home and send you to either a foster home or a relative.

Of course, accusations of molestation are very common and seldom can they be proven. Plus, if the molestation is allegedly by someone who is not living in the home (friend or other relative) then there may be no action to be taken by CPS with regards to removing the child from the home unless mom and dad failed to protect.

- carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back