Order sought for personal loan not in my name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdtyler

Back in 2006 my ex wife sold a vehicle that was in both out names, but for less than the value of the auto loan. She in turn took out a personal loan to cover the remaining balance. Just before I left for the military she drew up a contract stating that I needed to pay the loan that she took out due to her impatience. At the time I was so frustrated with the whole mess and just signed and left for basic training. She is now taking me to small claims court for the amount of the loan which was 4000 dollars. I do remember the that although she drew up a contract, it was never notarized. Will I be responsible for this?

I guess the fact that only she and I are the only people that knows it even exist. But, I guess my concern is that she sold the vehicle without my approval for less than the auto loan amount and expects me to pay for her mishap.

Tell her to sue you-- When you go to court bring this info up w. a copy of the blues book value on the car @ the time it sold etc... you might be able to get off w/ paying half (Maybe), however you did sign a paper stating you would pay it back--

Notarization doesn't affect the legality of the document. It just ensures that the signatures are authentic. As between you and her, it doesn't make a difference whether it's notarized or not, because you both know that you signed it. Unless you want to perjure yourself in court, she will have no trouble proving your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back