Consumer Law, Warranties Contest changes without informing contestants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taeril

I have recenttly tried to enter a online contest with a firm understanding of the rules posted for said contest. We were provided a video and were requested to add auio to it and turn in our submissions by 11:59pm PDT on 4/17/2009 after that time the contest page would be removed and the judging would start. I went to submit my entry a good 45 minutes before the deadline only to find out that they had decided to end the countest a full 11 hours early. I checked the website the day before to make sure of the date and time that the contest ended had not been changed so I would have time to submitt it after work. My question is did they violate the US contest laws by changing the end time without prior notifaction? There was no disclaimer stating that the contest times could change, I'm kinda ticked that all my work was for naught thanx.

I don't know specifically what the "US contest laws" are, but generally, if they didn't have any agreement with you to allow submissions up to a certain time, they are under no obligation to do so. It's their party, they can do what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back