Need to Remove ex boyfriend from my home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LorettaO

My jurisdiction is: Florida

I have tried to remove this man from my home for years. He wouldn't leave and FL law says once you allow someone to move in, it becomes their home too. The only way law enforcement will make him leave is if there is violence. Well, he's in prison now for DUI. I don't want him back, and have been telling him this for more than 2 years. He is insisting he is returning to my home. I have planned to put his belongings into a storage unit one month before his release date and give the keys to one of his family members. But someone told me he may be able to return here rather I like it or not. He has been in prison almost 4 years. No threats, I have told him numerous times it's over, I don't except his phone calls or respond to his letters, but he still insist that he is "coming home". I own this home, and had possession of it before I met him. Do I have to let him back in my home? What are my rights? What should I do? Please help.

Four Years Gone?

If he has been gone for four years and you are not legally married then he no longer resides at your address. You need to send a certified letter to him stating that he has X amount of days to claim his abandoned possessions or have them claimed by an authorized designate or they will be disposed.

Also, why are you corresponding with him? Notify the prison that he continues to harass you by mail and phone, and get a "No-contact" or restraining order against him. Once he is out, if he comes onto your property, then he can be arrested for criminal trespassing.

It does not become thier home after living with someone. I would not let him in. That is no longer his residence, the prison was. Gather up his belongings and change the locks and send him a certified letter on where he can get his belongings. It is ludicrous to think that after 4 years he can come right in your house if he was incarcerated. Stop listening to him and whoever is telling you this bull. I agree cut off all communication from him.

in Florida that's the way it is. Believe me, I called the cops so many times and they wouldn't make him leave and if he invited someone over and that guest caused trouble with me... they wouldn't make them leave either because they were his guest and he could have anyone he wanted over to visit. You wouldn't believe the hell I've been through! Sometimes I wished he would hit me, then they would have cause to get him out.

Thank you to all of you for replying. I appreciate your input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back