help me about my nuisance neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

I have these neighbors that live kitty corner across the street and they blast their music so loud that it wakes me and my husband up at all hours of the day and night. Then they let their dog whine, bark and howl constantly.Their friends are constantly honking the horns of their cars. Plus their getting into fights. They have made this neighborhood a nightmare. I myself have called the police on them about 9 times in one month on them and the police just will not do anything. The nuisance neighbors see the police coming and turn music down and then turn it right back up after they leave. Also one officer told me that they don't answer the door. Still....can't a disturbance of the peace ticket be given or what? They witnessed both the loud music and the dog barking. Us neighbors would like some justice and sleep. Also would like to not be stressed and upset everyday of our lives. We pay to live in this neighborhood too. Help! sc

Last edited:
I have these neighbors that live kitty corner across the street and they blast their music so loud that it wakes me and my husband up at all hours of the day and night. Then they let their dog whine, bark and howl constantly.Their friends are constantly honking the horns of their cars. Plus their getting into fights. They have made this neighborhood a nightmare. I myself have called the police on them about 9 times in one month on them and the police just will not do anything. The nuisance neighbors see the police coming and turn music down and then turn it right back up after they leave. Also one officer told me that they don't answer the door. Still....can't a disturbance of the peace ticket be given or what? They witnessed both the loud music and the dog barking. Us neighbors would like some justice and sleep. Also would like to not be stressed and upset everyday of our lives. We pay to live in this neighborhood too. Help! sc
What state do you live in? Have you asked to make a citizen's arrest for disturbing the peace? If you or your neighbors are not willing to sign a citizen's arrest, it is very likely that the police can not act. But, it depends on the laws in your state. it could be the department is not very aggressive on these sort of things. Maybe you can speak to someone higher up at the agency and ask what they might suggest.

Have you and your neighbors considered a nuisance lawsuit of some kind? Is there someone at the city's code enforcement or planning office that might have some ideas or suggestions?

There are almost certainly options, but they may take a more or less indirect approach to the problem.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back