signed contract after email agreement/ contract or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzygaz

My daughter aged 20 is a student and living in rented property which she signs for on an annual basis. This year she has had the oppourtunity to travel to USA to help on a girls camp with BUNAC. When she found out she had been accepted , she contacted her landlord to ask if her rent could be reduced, she did this via email. Her landlord agreed and sent her an email ststing it was a one off reduction to stand for 2 months and she was not to mention it to any of the other girls in the house. She sent an email back agreeing to these terms. The landlord came around with the paperwork and wanted all the girls in the same room to talk to them, then asked them to sign the contracts. My daughter obviously as in the room with the other girls stuck to the emailed agreement and signed her tenancy agreement. Now the landlord is saying that they will be unable to keep this agreement my daughter still has all the emails, but the landlord states that she has no documentation with a signature. Is there anything she can do? Does she have any rights as she still has all the emails? Thanks any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back