Collection Misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcgothar

I recently had a car repossessed and owed a balance of over $8,000. I was contacted by a collection agency by the name of SRA Associates. I was dealing with a particular individual named Henry White. He and I had come to the agreement that I would make a payment of $500 so that I could make monthly payments of $50 a month until it was paid off or until I had paid a good chunk of it off so that I could later settle for a lower settlement amount. He and I had this agreement and I sent a check in the amount of $500 on March 5, 2009. I was told that I would get contacted by the Hardship Department through SRA Associates either by the end of the month or by the next month. I was contacted just about a week ago by the Hardship Department and was talking to an individual by the name of Sam. That is all I got, I never did get his last name and he told me that the client (where my car was through) was willing to accept monthly payments but they had to be in the amount of $221 a month for a 36 month period. I told him of what Henry and I had discussed and had planned out. He had told me that he had nothing on that issue and that I had to either settle with this arrangement or pay the whole thing off in full. I told him that I couldn't afford this and he said that he was closing this case because I was refusing to comply. What do I do in this situation. I have the means to make monthly payments in the amount of $50 but no more. Please if anyone can help me out on this matter I would greatly appreciate it!

The collection agency won't let me talk to the person, Henry White, that I originally talked to about this in the first place. They also won't give me an address to where I can send in my monthly payments. I thought about sending it to the same place I sent the $500 check but I am not sure that it will get credited to my account since they supposedly "closed" my account.

Last edited:
Issue Resolved!

I received a phone call from SRA Associates yesterday telling me that they had worked with the creditor (Toyota) and got them to settle for $50 monthly payments like I had been told I would be able to do. So that is some good news right there...just keep persisting and hopefully things will turn out right!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back