Unfit parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

violatedmama

What constitutes someone being an unfit parent? I've never used drugs I've never been convicted of a crime. I've been in my house since September and prior to that I was in my apartment for a year. I don't party, at all. I pretty much stay at home. The worst they can say about me is that I have a lot of kids(I'm about to have my sixth) I just want to be prepared because I'm sure this is something that will be said about me.

I'm not sure if there are any hard, fast rules and your post doesn't give much info as to what grounds someone is planning to use to have you declared unfit. Is this someone in your family trying to take your children, or the father, or what?

I'm not sure if there are any hard, fast rules and your post doesn't give much info as to what grounds someone is planning to use to have you declared unfit. Is this someone in your family trying to take your children, or the father, or what?

Yes my mother committed fraud and perjury to get custody. When I found out I filed to have her motion vacated. When she got that paperwork she contacted his father and he has now filed for custody. Prior to this his father and I went to court and I was granted sole custody. At that time he didn't file for custody nor visitation. He repeatedly said that he wanted nothing to do with my son. I suspect that my mother has told him that she will get his child support payments reduced if he gets custody and leaves my son with her. So I think they will try to use the unfit parent ploy although neither has filed that in their answer. I think they will bring it up in court.

Just because you have alot of kids does not mean you are unfit. Are all of these kids by different dads? I admit, this potentially sounds like a social services disaster and most women that do have alot of kids by different dads, are not fit parents. Not to say you are not one though. If you honestly take care of all of your kids then I do not see why custody should be taken from you. But the more mids you have with different men the harder it is to support them since you have to chase after all the men for child support not to mention these kids not to have any father at all in their lives. Not an ideal situation

Just because you have alot of kids does not mean you are unfit. Are all of these kids by different dads? I admit, this potentially sounds like a social services disaster and most women that do have alot of kids by different dads, are not fit parents. Not to say you are not one though. If you honestly take care of all of your kids then I do not see why custody should be taken from you. But the more mids you have with different men the harder it is to support them since you have to chase after all the men for child support not to mention these kids not to have any father at all in their lives. Not an ideal situation
My last three are by the same man who I've been with for the past five and a half years. I have one by an ex husband and I have the one I'm going to court for that I posted about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back